The process of moving from one home to another is considered to be one of the most stressful events a person can experience in their lifetime.
There are a number of valid reasons why a house move is so stressful, but the truth is that there are also good ways to handle the stress of moving and have almost stress-free relocation.
Top 10 ways to reduce stress during your move
- Give yourself as much time as possible – One of the main reasons why moving is so stressful has everything to do with TIME. The less time you have to prepare for your moving day, the more stress you’ll experience because your mind just cannot process the thought of what should happen if you don’t finish your preparations on time. So, the fear of not being ready for the arrival of your move day will only add extra tension.It’s never fun to have to work around the clock in order to accomplish all the tasks in your moving calendar. To reduce the stress of your moving, start the preparations as soon as possible, especially after the house move is confirmed.
- Know how much does your move cost – The moment you learn of the coming move, you start worrying about whether you’ll have enough money to cover the moving expenses simply because you have no idea how much the move will cost.The cost of your upcoming move is a natural concern, especially if you’re moving out for the first time. Your savings will be at risk, and what if you don’t have sufficient money to move out? And as your financial concerns raise, so will the moving stress inside you.One excellent way to lessen the stress of moving is to determine how much your move will cost you in advance. And the only way to do that is to schedule a free in-home move estimate with Your Hometown Mover in Poughkeepsie, NY.
- Find a full-service mover you can really trust – When you’re moving across New York City or you’re moving with too many high-value items which you don’t know how to protect during the actual move, then it makes all the sense in the world to hire a reputable local mover such as Your Hometown Mover for your moving and packing needs.Without a doubt, finding a reputable mover should give you a peace of mind that your items will be safe. Also, calling in the pros will open up some free time for you to take care of other important things besides packing and lifting heavy stuff around.
- Protect your valuables – One of the reasons why moving is so stressful is because all your valuables things get transferred from one place to another. And because of that, there’s just never a guarantee that all of your valuable property will survive the relocation intact, and that alone could be rather alarming and distressing for you to begin with.
Here are some good ways to reduce stress when you’re moving your valuable items:
- Keep small valuables like jewelry, cash, electronic equipment, etc. with you during the entire moving process.
- Hire experienced professionals to move the larger valuables in your home such as a piano, tables, antique furniture, etc.
- Use lots of packing paper and bubble wrap when packing smaller valuables by yourself, especially when those high-value items are very fragile.
- Purchase adequate moving insurance from your licensed and insured local moving company, you must have the peace of mind that your valuables are well-insured should the worst happened to them.
5. Make moving day as safe as it can be – Our tips for a stress-free move continue with some information on how to keep moving day safe for you and for your family members. After all, it can be rather disturbing to think that something bad, like an accident, could happen on the day of the move when things tend to get a bit crazy.
Ensuring the safety of everyone on the move day should be enough to lessen the overall moving stress you must be experiencing.
Here’s what you must do to keep moving day from becoming stressful:
- Get help – Moving large items is not a task for one person. Hire a professional mover or ask your friends to help you during that difficult period of relocation.
- Use proper equipment – When moving on your own, make sure you have the right moving equipment to keep things safe.
- Quality packing supplies – Using packing materials of the highest quality will prevent any accidents such as a cardboard box breaking while it’s being transported.
Get in touch!
If you are looking for more tips to reduce stress during your move, feel free to contact Your Hometown Mover at any time for additional information and get a hassle-free moving quote today.