FILING A CLAIM:
How do I file my claim? To file your claim please visit our website at CSIPROS.ORG. and click the “Login/Register” tab at the top red bar. In the “Login/ Registration” page click the “Need to submit a new claim? Register Here” button. After you complete the registration we must verify your information before we can activate your account. Once your information has been verified with your carrier and within 48 hours, we will send you a Registration Acknowledgement email. Your login credentials will be sent to you upon the activation of your claim account. If you do not receive the email, make sure to check your “Spam” or “Junk” email folders. If you still did not receive any emails from CSI, there may be a problem with the email we have on file. Make sure call us to verify your email address on file. When calling CSI please make sure to provide the name you registered under and the name of the carrier you hired for your move. Feel free to call us for assistance.
How long do I have to file my claim? A claim for Loss, Damage, Delay or Overcharge must be filed in writing (or electronically) with your carrier (through us) within 9 months of delivery for international or interstate moves. Federal regulations allow up to 120 days for claims to be offered settlements or denied. If the investigation of a claim requires additional time beyond the 120 days, an extension notice must be provided every 60 consecutive days, until claim a settlement has been offered or denied in writing to the customer. For Intrastate or local moves time limits vary based on the local state governing the move. You MUST check on the back of your Bill of Lading for the correct time limit to file a claim or you may contact your carrier directly to inquire about the correct time limits. Intrastate & Local claims are reviewed within 14 to 30 days depending on the specific state regulations.
Can I add items to my claim? CSI allows a claim to be filed once only. No additions will be accepted later than the date your claim has been received in our office or posted online. Please make sure to inspect your shipment properly prior to filing your claim so that all items may be included. Please make copies of all documents mailed to CSI. We will not be able to send any documents back to you if you choose to file your claim via mail.
Can I dispute my claim? Yes. If you are not satisfied with the results of your claim, you may dispute your claim online or in writing to [email protected] or you may mail your dispute along with any supporting documents. Your claim and all supporting documents will be reviewed by a senior adjuster. If any adjustments are due, or if no adjustments can be offered, you will be notified in writing. If after filing your dispute, you are still not satisfied with CSI’s final resolution, you may request to proceed with Arbitration.
Arbitration Program: If you have exhausted the claim process and still disagree with the results of your claim, you may request to proceed with arbitration. All customers have the right to request arbitration through your carrier’s Dispute Settlement & Arbitration Program. Since CSI is a third-party claims company, the specific details of your carrier’s Arbitration Program are different and will be provided upon request and once the claim process is completed as required by law.
All carriers have the right to attempt to settle a claim directly with their customers prior to proceeding with arbitration. Unless a claim has been filed and a resolution has been offered, no arbitration can be offered.
CSI Claims Service International, Inc.
[email protected] WWW.CSIPROS.ORG
1. Handling Claims
In order to resolve the claim as quickly as possible, we require the following information within 7 days of the move date:
- Note damages on our paperwork before the movers leave.
- Submit claim form and pictures on our website (CLAIMS in About us menu)
- All claims information must be submitted within 7 days of the move date
The shipper will than wait while we investigate – Most claims can be resolved within 60 days of move date
Please note the following:
a. Items not covered:
Bank bills, coin or currency, deeds, notes, drafts or valuable papers of any kind, jewelry, postage stamps, stamp collections, revenue stamps, letters or packets of letters, precious stones, or articles manufactured therefrom or perishable articles.
b. Particleboard Furniture:
Particleboard furniture is not meant to be moved once it is assembled. Therefore, we will not accept liability for its safe transport or the resulting damage if it is moved. The shipper agreed that YHM will not be responsible for any PBFurniture claims.
c. RUB MARKS, SCUFFS & SCRAPES:
Furniture will be wider after being blanket wrapped, this may cause minor rub marks, scuffs and scrapes on door jams, and narrow hallway walls due to the movement of furniture in tight spaces. We supply door-jam protectors and floor runners to prevent these types of claims.
d. Items Left Behind:
The shipper is responsible for performing a final walk-through of the origin to make sure all items are accounted for and have been loaded onto the truck. If at the completion of the move, the shipper notices an item has been left behind, the carrier is not responsible and assumes no liability for said item.
2. Claim Coverage
By default all local and long distance moves are covered by our basic liability coverage (THIS IS NOT INSURANCE). This liability is considered minimal and doesn’t cover full replacement value or entire repairs. It is the minimum amount required by the US Dept of Transportation and FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration).
- Local Move – $0.30 per pound
Basic Liability Coverage is included at no charge to the shipper. The carrier offers basic valuation at $0.30 cents per pound per article at no cost to the shipper. Perishable articles or articles of high value will not be accepted for shipment unless otherwise provided: Bank bills, coin or currency, deeds, notes, drafts or valuable papers of any kind, jewelry, postage stamps, stamp collections, revenue stamps, letters or packers of letters, precious stones, or articles manufactured or perishable articles. Should such articles come into the possessions of the carrier without his knowledge, responsibility for safe delivery will not be assumed.
- Interstate Move – $0.60 per pound
Basic Liability Coverage is included at no charge to the shipper. The carrier offers basic valuation at $0.60 cents per pound per article at no cost to the shipper. Perishable articles or articles of high value will not be accepted for shipment unless otherwise provided: Bank bills, coin or currency, deeds, notes, drafts or valuable papers of any kind, jewelry, postage stamps, stamp collections, revenue stamps, letters or packers of letters, precious stones, or articles manufactured or perishable articles. Should such articles come into the possessions of the carrier without his knowledge, responsibility for safe delivery will not be assumed.
- Full Replacement Value Protection
Full (Replacement) Value Protection is the most comprehensive plan available for protection of your household goods. If any article is lost, destroyed or damaged while in your mover’s custody, your mover will, at its option, either:
- repair the article to the extent necessary to restore it to the same condition as when it was received by your mover, or pay you for the cost of such repairs
- replace the article with an article of same kind and quality or pay you for the cost of such replacement.
Under Full (Replacement) Value Protection, if you do not declare a higher replacement value prior to the time of shipment, the value of your goods will be deemed to be equal to $6.00 multiplied by the weight (in pounds) of the shipment, subject to a minimum valuation for the shipment of $6,000. Under this option, the cost of your move will be composed of a base rate plus an added cost reflecting the cost of providing this full value cargo liability protection for your shipment.
In the event an item/piece(s) is/are damaged, you pay the deductible first, then the item is:
- Cash Settlement** provided*** depending on the damage, analysis and the result of an appraisal, if necessary.
To Select Full Replacement Protection*** – Select: 1) Valuation Amount & 2) a deductible
If such damage is determined to be transit related, it is the carrier’s obligation to repair or restore to original condition or to otherwise make whole by compensation. Transit related damage occurring to a shippers dwelling or surrounding areas is not covered by the Shipper’s Declaration of Value.
Any claim for property loss and/ or damage must be reported within 48 hours of delivery/loading.
Items valued over $1,000 each must be listed individually on the Bill of Lading.
Homeowners policies often cover your goods during shipment. Ask your agent.
**Pressboard / particleboard / manufactured furniture are not covered.
*** Items with preexisting damages are excluded.
All settlements must be approved by a manager prior to writing a check. The settlement is limited to the coverage selected at the time of booking the move. In all cases the settlement is based upon the inventory items total cube multiplied by 7 to create the total item weight.
- Local Move Claim: Example:
80lbs x $0.30 = $24 – Total settlement for dresser would be $24.
- Interstate Move Claim: Example:
80lbs x $0.60 = $48 – Total settlement for dresser would be $48.
All claims trigger a performance review for the responsible crew. This way we can figure out ways to prevent future claims.
Your Hometown Mover Company Policies
- Hourly moves are based on charging you by the hour for however long it takes to complete your move safely and efficiently.
- All moves have a 4 hour minimum.
- You are responsible for packing your own boxes and all glass items such as pictures, glass table tops, glass shelving, and mirrors. Small countertop appliances must be packed in boxes.
- We recommend you transport your high-value items such as bank bills, coin or currency, deeds, notes, drafts or valuable papers of any kind, jewelry, postage stamps, stamp collections, revenue stamps, letters or packets of letters, precious stones, or perishable articles. Responsibility for safe delivery will not be assumed.
- Please confirm that your origin and destination addresses are accessible by our moving trucks – If we are unable to drive our trucks within 75ft of the dwelling, there will be a $250 cost for a shuttle truck.
- You are responsible for the disconnect/reconnect of all appliances such as TVs, stereo systems, Air conditioners, washers, dryers, refrigerators and electric stoves. WE DO NOT install ANY ELECTRIC, NATURAL GAS or PROPANE APPLIANCES.
- Additional services such as, packing materials, packing services, long carry and inventory items that are not listed on your move estimate could result in additional charges to your move price. We will always quote you the additional cost before proceeding. You can make changes to your move plan by contacting your relocation consultant.
PAYMENT AND REFUND POLICY
- Credit cards are accepted for your move deposits only – Final payment must be made in CASH or CERTIFIED FUNDS.
- Full payment is due in full prior to offloading at time of delivery in all cases.
- All sales are final, There are no refunds on services rendered. The shipper agrees to pay the charges listed on this moving estimate in full, prior to offloading. If the move takes less time, the balance owed will be refunded.
- The shipper authorizes Your Hometown Mover LLC to charge their credit card according to the terms outlined in this moving estimate. This payment authorization is for the goods/services described above, for the amount indicated above, and is valid for payment for services rendered. The shipper certifies that they are an authorized user of the credit card provided for the move deposit/balance due and that they will not dispute the payment with the credit card company under any circumstance; so long as the transaction corresponds to the terms indicated on this moving estimate and accompanying bill of lading.
If you have signed the DELIVERY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT*** without noting the claim for damage or loss on your paperwork at the time of your move, your claim can be denied.
FILING A CLAIM FOR DAMAGE
If a damage occurs THE SHIPPER MUST NOTE DAMAGE on paperwork during move and SHIPPER MUST PAY ALL CHARGES IN FULL. Please include pictures before and after the move, and detailed damage descriptions to file any claim. Please remit to us within 14 days of move completion. All claims will be handled in writing via email or US Postal and will be resolved within 90 days of move date. Claims are not handled over the phone, only by e-mail or US Postal. The carrier is only liable for $0.30 cents per pound per article if no additional liability insurance is purchased. Perishable articles or articles of high value will not be accepted. Unless otherwise provided, the following property will not be accepted for shipment: Bank bills, coin or currency, deeds, notes, drafts or valuable papers of any kind, jewelry, postage stamps, stamp collections, revenue stamps, letters or packets of letters, precious stones, or articles manufactured therefrom or perishable articles. Should such articles come into the possession of the carrier without his knowledge, responsibility for safe delivery will not be assumed. Your Hometown Mover is not liable for minor RUB MARKS, SCUFFS & SCRAPES: Furniture will be wider after being blanket wrapped, this may cause minor rub marks, scuffs and scrapes on door jams, and narrow hallway walls due to the movement of furniture in tight spaces.
I have inspected my goods and premises, including but not limited to elevators, floors, and stairwells. There are no damages except as noted. The shipment was received in good condition and services ordered were performed. The cab and the back of the truck are empty and the job is complete.